Wellbeing Hub - letter from Clare Haughey to NHS and Social Care staff
11 May 2020
NHS and Social Care Workforce and unpaid carers: Mental Health & Wellbeing Support during COVID-19
Thank you again for the work that you and colleagues across the health and social care workforce, including our unpaid carers, are doing to protect and care for people over the COVID-19 response.
I am writing to highlight that we have today launched a “National Wellbeing Hub” for the health and social care workforce, which will act as a ‘front door’ to the wide range of support and wellbeing resources available in Scotland. At our request , the Hub has been developed by PRoMIS, a collaborative project between NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde’s Anchor Service and NHS Lothian’s Rivers Centre, with partners across health and social care. It is a resource for the whole workforce, including unpaid carers, volunteers deployed within health and social care services, and their families.
The Hub, which has been developed on the principles of Psychological First Aid, includes the following:
- information which address the specific challenges health and social care staff are facing during COVID-19;
- information about the factors which affect emotional and psychological wellbeing;
- help for people to recognise their own “warning signs”;
- self-care resources for staff and their colleagues, along with advice on how self-care can be implemented in the current circumstances (including video / audio clips);
- information for friends, family and children who may have concerns about loved ones working in health and social care roles; and
- signposting to help and support that is available to health and social care staff and unpaid carers, nationally, locally and within their own organisations.
The Hub can be found at: www.promis.scot. We ask that you promote this resource across your organisations and networks to ensure that it reaches as many people as possible. Resources have been produced to promote awareness of the Hub and these will be distributed this week.
My officials will work with the project leads to update and develop the website as required. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any comments or feedback.
Once again, I would like to thank you and your teams for your extraordinary work.